Hard PZT for High Power Apps & Mounting Stack Actuators (4/25/2013)
- Although hard ceramics generally are more stable than soft ceramics, they cannot produce the same large displacements. Hard ceramics are compatible with high mechanical loads and high voltages. In coupling an actuator to a mechanical system, exclude bending, tilting or shear forces that could inhibit the stroke or damage the actuator.
Bridge Health Management & Piezo Information Resources (4/11/2013)
- The field of structural health monitoring continues to evolve in many exciting ways! A recent update from the Rutgers School of Engineering highlights an innovation for Bridge Health Management. APC International recommends several publications to establish familiarity with piezoelectric materials and associated applications.
Electrode Patterns & New Ultrasonic Innovation (3/28/2013)
- APC offers a variety of electrode patterns including: wrap-around, side-tab, insulation band, and bull's-eye patterns. Products using APC International's best in class piezoelectric materials continue to push the boundaries of device performance.Transdermal Specialties has introduced and patented an innovative new ultrasonic technology.
Feeling Displaced? APCPiezoCalc Tells You the Difference & UIA Symposium Event (3/14/2013)
- APC International is attending the 42nd Annual Symposium of the Ultrasonic Industry Association. The UIA is the international business forum for users, manufacturers, and researchers of ultrasonics.The APCPiezoCalc is an interactive mobile application that allows the user to easily calculate the frequency constant, resonance frequency, capacitance, dielectric constant, static displacement, and static voltage of many piezoelectric ceramic elements.
Piezo Actuator Resources & Testing Flexibility for Resonant Systems (2/28/2013)
- A piezo actuator converts an electrical signal into a precisely controlled physical displacement, to finely adjust precision machining tools, lenses, or mirrors. Piezoelectric actuators also are used to control hydraulic valves, act as small-volume pumps or special-purpose motors, and in other applications. APC International supplies stack actuators, piezo benders and stripe actuators.
Matters of the Heart: Power and Health! (2/14/2013)
- Per an article in the MIT Technology Review, Nano generators could someday lead to medical implants and sensors powered by heartbeats or breathing. APC International manufactures both OEM and replacement parts for a variety applications and industries. Beyond simply manufacturing the PZT part, APC International's joint development programs, contract manufacturing and assembly services frequently play a key role in these types of business partnerships.
Simply Calculate Static Voltage with Our App & Order In-Stock Piezo Parts! (1/31/2013)
- Do you need a simple way to calculate Static Voltage for a Ring Shape? Do you need to be able to do calculations in both radial mode and thickness mode? You could always pull out the formulas to the right and plug & chug OR you could use the APCPiezoCalc App!
Piezo Knowledge Center Info & Add-Ons for Stack Actuators (1/17/2013)
- The performance of piezo-actuators for various applications is not only defined by piezo-ceramics used. It depends on a lot of other traits like the finish of the stack structure or other added features. Excessive temperature interferes with actuator performance and reliability.
Easily Calculate Capacitance with APCPiezoCalc & Piezo Materials in Pacemakers (1/3/2013)
- Pick your part shape, measurement units and dimensions. Explore APC International material choices or enter your own. Confirm that you are solving for Capacitance and calculate the result. According to the University of Michigan, researchers at the University are experimenting with piezoelectric ceramics to convert the heart's vibrations into a usable voltage to power a patient's pacemaker.
APC Holiday Wishes & Cornell University Team Wins Robo-Sub Competition (12/20/2012)
- As the Holiday Season is upon us, we find ourselves reflecting on the past year and on those who have helped to shape our business in a most significant way. Cornell's Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (CUAUV) team has scored again, taking first place in the 15th International RoboSub Competition July 17-22 in San Diego.
APCPiezoCalc! The App For Easily Calculating Resonance Frequency (12/6/2012)
- Why develop an App? So that you would be able to easily compute the most common physical and electrical properties of our products without the need to memorize formulas or look up material properties. The piezoelectric charge constant, d, the piezoelectric voltage constant, g, and the permittivity (dielectric constant), ε, are temperature dependent, but these relationships can be compensated for in the design of a sensor.
NEW! APCPiezoCalc iPhone App Launched & Thanksgiving Schedule (11/20/2012)
- The APCPiezoCalc is an interactive mobile application that allows the user to easily calculate the frequency constant, resonance frequency, capacitance, dielectric constant, static displacement, and static voltage of many piezoelectric ceramic elements. To make calculations easier, the APCPiezoCalc is preloaded with the material properties of APC's piezoelectric materials. To allow for a broader use, the user is also able to add custom material properties.
APC Ultrasonic Cleaning & New Coyote Case Innovation (11/8/2012)
- Introducing a great new product from Coyote Case, LLC using APC International's piezo technology! The Coyote Case is a durable smartphone case that hides a powerful personal panic alarm coupled with an automated bluetooth-enabled security app. An assembly of multiple ceramic elements offers considerable performance and production advantages in piezoelectric materials applications, relative to a single ceramic element.
APC Piezoelectric Cylinders, Modes of Vibration & Related Equations (10/25/2012)
- APC International supplies a wide range of standard and custom designed piezoelectric cylinders. Piezoelectric crystals can be made into a variety of different shapes to achieve the desired vibration mode and related characteristics.
Forces to Avoid on Stack Actuators & Why Choose Hard PZT Materials? (10/11/2012)
- Care must be taken when mounting stack actuators! Bending, shear or tilting forces can cause damage. Hard ceramics have characteristics generally opposite those of soft ceramics, including Curie points above 300°C, small piezoelectric charge constants, large electromechanical coupling factors, and large mechanical quality factors.
APC Stock Shear Mode Plates & Journal of Therapeutic Ultrasound Launch (9/28/2012)
- APC now offers fours standard shear mode plates available for quick delivery. Custom shear mode plate designs will also be considered. The Journal of Therapeutic Ultrasound (JTU) has launched its website!
APC Custom Piezo Parts in 6-8 Weeks & Plant Expansion (9/13/2012)
- Receive most custom ceramics in 6 weeks for orders of 2500 parts or less and 8 weeks or less for orders up to 5000 parts! Does your current supplier have their own line of piezo-materials? Can you reach key personnel when answers are needed? APC is expanding the Heckman Gap Manufacturing facility. More space, more equipment, more staff, improving service.
STOP Machining Piezo Plates & Labor Day Schedule (8/30/2012)
- Let APC dice your plates for you. Receive ready to use parts and eliminate your yield loss. We can sort parts too!
Five Piezo Materials Essential for Your Success & Piezo Chips (8/16/2012)
- Five powder domestically made compositions APC 840, 841, 850, 855 and 880 are available for production purposes. Piezo chips can be used in ultra-compact actuator arrangements.
APC Piezo Sale List Now More Flexible & Navy VI Material HERE (8/2/2012)
- The ceramic elements on the sale list are now sortable by: item #, shape, size, price and quantity. Consider APC 855 for your next sensor application.
APC 855 Piezo Material Now Available Usage & Contract Manufacturing Options (7/19/2012)
- APC International is continuing the expansion of its domestically produced piezo material product line. APC's 855 Navy Type VI material is now available as a USA MADE material. Let APC International, Ltd. be your in house piezo assembly specialist. Control your costs, quality and budget.
APC July 4th Notice, Nebulizer Usage & Stack Actuator Variables (6/29/2012)
- APC International supplies a wide range of standard and custom designed products used in ultrasonic applications. When it comes to actuators, any type of actuator enhances certain desired features at the expense of others - choose wisely!
APC Attending ICC4, Get the Conference App & Explore Medical Ultrasound (6/21/2012)
APC Product Usage Blog Series & New Applications (6/7/2012)
- The first post in a new BLOG SERIES provides some additional background information on APC's standard ultrasonic cleaning transducers. Check out advanced drilling technology and touchable holograms - interesting developments!
APC Securing Piezo Elements & d33 Meter Testing Overview (5/24/2012)
- Of the three approaches - gluing, soldering, and clamping - see what is considered best practice. A d33 testing unit is a fast, reliable, low cost means of determining d33 values and can be an invaluable tool.
APC Piezo Blog Launched & Data Transmission/Energy Harvesting Developments (5/10/2012)
- APC's website now includes a blog meant to feature product and industry information. New applications and related technologies continue expand the use of piezoelectric ceramic in the marketplace. Check out the work by Tristan Lawry, a doctoral student at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
APC Piezo Stack Options & Technical Sales Position Opening (4/26/2012)
- The functionality of piezo stack actuators can be extended in variety of ways using available options. Do you have a technical background that includes applied sciences such as electronics, ultrasonics or materials? APC International is seeking a technical sales representative!
APC Transducer Assembly & In-stock Options, Shear Mode Capabilities (4/12/2012)
- Whether you need ultrasonic air transducers, ultrasonic cleaning transducers or assistance with a transducer project, APCI can help. APC International is expanding capabilities in the area of shear mode piezoelectric parts!
APC Piezo Element Sizes & Stack Actuator Types (3/29/2012)
- Using CNC technology APC International is able to manufacture piezoelectric ceramic elements in a wide range of shapes and sizes. Learn about different stack actuator types.
APC Piezo Stack Handling & Operation and Electronic Alternatives (3/15/2012)
- Piezo stack actuators from American Piezo require careful consideration when designing a system. Check out this e-mail for a basic review.
APC Piezo Cylinders & Recommended Reading (3/1/2012)
- Piezo cylinders from American Piezo come in many shapes and sizes. We can manufacture piezo cylinders with very tight tolerances and thin walls.
APC Temperature Dependence of Piezoelectric Elements and Sensors (2/16/2012)
- Did you know that the piezoelectric charge constant the the piezoelectric voltage constant are temperature dependent? Learn more...
Preview USA Made APC 840, 841, 850 and 880 & In-House Assembly! (2/2/2012)
- APC's line of piezo powders are all manufactured in the United States. APC's in-house assembly for piezo products can save your company time, effort, and expense.
Preview APC Piezo Actuator Types & Piezo Element Behavior (1/19/2012)
- Need a precisely controlled physical displacement? Perhaps a piezo actuator from APC International is the solution.
APC Piezo Knowledge Center & Piezoelectric Constants (1/5/2012)
- With over 25 years of experience in the piezo industry, APC's knowledge center has answers to many of your piezo application questions.
APC Happy Holidays & Focused Ultrasound Review (12/22/2011)
- Happy Holidays from APC International & Focused ultrasound in the future of medicine.
APC 841 Piezo Material is Back & Actuators for Precision Positioning (12/8/2011)
- APC 841 piezo powder is compatible with high mechanical loads and high voltages. This highly consistent PZT powder might be perfect for your high-power application.
Happy Thanksgiving from APC & Ultrasonic Cooking! (11/24/2011)
- Add ultrasonic french fries to your Thanksgiving dinner?
APC Piezo Stack Actuator Challenges & Piezo Buzzer Driver (11/10/2011)
- Avoid damaged piezo stack actuators with advice from APC. New parts in updated APC piezo sale.
APC Transducer Options & Shear Mode Plates (10/27/2011)
- APC offers standard Air Transducers and Cleaning Transducers. APC expands shear mode plate manufacturing capabilities.
APC Piezo Powder Line Up & Award Nomination Highlight (10/13/2011)
- APC PZT Powders are made in the USA, made with a secure source of high quality raw materials, and offer reproducible results. APC's customer Aerogen has been nominated for the Engineers Ireland Excellence Award.
APC 850 Piezo Powder Made in America & Energy Harvesting Resources (9/29/2011)
- APC 850 is perfect for piezoelectric sensor applications and can be used to make cosistent parts year-after-year. Learn more about energy harvesting with piezo materials.
APC 840 Powder & Parts - Amp Up Your High Power Applications! (9/15/2011)
- APC 840 offers a low dissipation factor making it ideal for high frequency transducers.
APC 880 Material Focus - Consistent Performance & Piezo Overrun Stock (9/1/2011)
- APC 880 PZT powder offers a high mechanical Q and is ideal for ultrasonic surgery applications. APC clearance sale stock provides fast delivery of piezo products.
Great USA Made Piezo Powders & Sensors Conference Presentation (8/18/2011)
- APC offers High Quality Piezo Powders manufactured in the United States. APC's representative to present on Piezoelectric Materials and there use in Structural Health Monitoring
Piezo Stack Focus: Background, eBook and Mounting (8/4/2011)
- Learn about the benefits of using a stack actuator and the proper way to mount a stack actuator in your system to prevent damage to the ceramic elements.
APC Control Costs and Quality / Compare Ceramics (7/21/2011)
- APC's value added services will help your company save time, effort, and expense. Ask us how we can help.
APC Piezo Chips and Your FAQs (7/7/2011)
- Learn more about the use of piezo-chip actuators for force sensing and generation applicaionts.
Check out APC's new eBay Store & Application Highlight (6/23/2011)
- Visit APC's new piezo store on eBay to purchase small quantities and overrun piezoelectric ceramics and piezo products.
APC Piezo Cylinders & Discussion Forum Invitation (6/9/2011)
- APC offers thin-walled piezo cylinders at highly competitive prices. Join the APC Discussion Forum in our Knowledge Center.
APC Nebulizer Boards Info & Whitepapers to Download (5/26/2011)
- APC offers stock RoHS compliant 1.65MHz nebulizer boards and replacement assemblies for fast delivery. APC's knowledge center now features technical updates to assist our customer with how best to use APC's products.
What is a standard product? Need to do d33 testing? (5/12/2011)
- Learn more about APC's standard products. See if owning a d33 meter is right for your company.
APC Piezo Element Shapes & PMN-PT Options (4/28/2011)
- Using advanced machining technology, APC is able to manufacture a wide range of custom piezoelectric ceramics.
APC Piezo Reading & Resources / Products & Services (4/14/2011)
- Brush up on your understanding of piezo technology with this recommended reading list. Let APC save you time, effort, and expense with Value-Added Services.
APC Attending ONR & UIA / Piezo Stacks Discrete vs. Co-fired (3/31/2011)
- APC Announces Spring Conference Schedule. Why choose a discrete stack or co-fired stack actuator?
New APC International Website is Launched! (3/17/2011)
- APC International, Ltd. recently launched its new website that features more intuitive navigation, a knowledge center, improved quote request tools, and much much more.
Piezoelectric Powders Now Made in the USA & We're Now on Facebook! (3/3/2011)
- APC International, Ltd. is now producing piezoelectric powders at a facility in Pennsylvania. Like us on our new Facebook page!
Congressman Thompson Visits APC & Precision Positioning with Piezo Stacks (2/17/2011)
- Congressman Thompson visited APC International to explore the impact of manufacturing in PA. The implications of using piezo stacks in positioning applications is reviewed
APCI 1.65MHz Nebulizer Board Product Update Announcement (2/7/2011)
- An upgrade announcement accompanied by factors to consider in nebulizer applications.
APCI Thank you! 25th Anniversary & Market Applications (2/3/2011)
- APC International, Ltd. celebrates 25 years and a review of typical market for piezo products.
APCI Shear Mode Plates & Industry Events for 2011 (1/20/2011)
- An overview of shear mode opportunities and industry events for 2011.
APCI Soldering/Assembly Services & Common Ring sizes (1/6/2011)
- Support and assembly services are highlighted along with basic piezo ring information.
APCI PIA Device Article & Pyro Shock Simulator (12/9/2010)
- A reference to the PIA Device Article featured in the December 2010 issue of Ceramic Industry Magazine and an overview of an actuator application.
APCI Power Generation with Piezo & Hard PZT Applications (11/11/2010)
- A discussion about energy harvesting and review of the characteristics that make hard PZT appropriate for specific types of applications.
APCI Extended Piezo Stack Functionality & Assembly Options (10/29/2010)
- An overview of options that can be provided with stack actuator products and solutions that are provided to overcome in house assembly problems.
APCI Common Piezo Part shapes & Applications (10/15/2010)
- A review of part sizes used for ultrasonic cleaning and a discussion about piezoelectric theory as it relates to applications.
APCI Ultrasonic Generators and Conference News (9/30/2010)
- A review of the generator model APCI Gen-1006 as well as an update on conference presentations given by APC International representatives.
Electroceramic Powder Project Update and d33 Meter Details (9/16/2010)
- Discusses progress on the electroceramic powder project being undertaken by APC International and HLP. Reviews the features and benefits of the APCI D33 meter.
APCI Piezo Behavior and Bi-Laminar Flexing Actuators (9/2/2010)
- Explores parameters that are significant when dealing with piezoelectric ceramic materials and focus on stripe actuator products.
APCI Help Selecting Piezo Materials & Controlling Your Budget (8/19/2010)
- Do you need to determine which material is best for your application? Are quality problems and rejected parts creating high costs? Look to APC International for solutions.
APCI Actuator Characterization and Comparison (8/5/2010)
- A brief exploration of piezo stack actuators and relevant characteristics accompanied by a comparison of low voltage and high voltage stacks.
APCI Piezoelectric Constants and Recommended Reading (7/22/2010)
- A review of relevant piezoelectric constants, website sources for information, the APC International text book as well as other recommended reading available for purchase.
APCI Cylinder Applications, Updates and Company News (7/8/2010)
- An overview of cylinder (tube) applications, company updates and management changes.
APCI Ultrasonic Cleaning & Powder Characterization (6/24/2010)
- A review of Ultrasonic cleaning concerns such as available generators and transducers as well as a discussion about soft ceramics vs. hard ceramics.
APCI New Piezo Actuator E-Book! Download it Now. (6/10/2010)
- Provides a link to download APCI's new E-book primer on piezo actuation and also reviews value added services
APCI PMN-PT CLEARANCE SALE , PZT Powder Article and News (5/28/2010)
- Original PMN-PT Clearance announcement, link to May 2010 Ceramic Industry magazine article and PMN-PT news
Nebulizer Board Factors/Upgrades/Options and Related News (5/13/2010)
- Review of important considerations with respect to Nebulizer board design. ALSO - APCI upgrade information and recommendation of specific connectors to reduce solder related failures.
Pyro Shock Simulator, UIA Symposium & News Highlights! (4/29/2010)
- Explores uses of piezo actuators, the 2010 UIA Symposium is reviewed as well as News Highlights
Ultrasonic Transducers and Ultrasonic News (4/1/2010)
Actuator Expert Meeting Opportunity & Recent Piezo News! (3/18/2010)
- An invitation to meet with APCI's actuator expert and recent piezo news
GEN-1006 Generator & Medical and Energy Harvesting News (3/4/2010)
- A review of the features of the APCI GEN-1006 product line and energy harvesting applications.
Actuator Focus & Piezo Energy and Sensing Applications (2/18/2010)
- A message highlighting Pst 150 series stack actuators and a review of news items related to piezo energy and sensing applications.
APCI on Panel at Georgetown University & Piezo Motor Applications (2/4/2010)
- Ian Henderson, President of APCI, participated in a Operations oriented panel discussion at Georgetown University and piezo motor applications news is reviewed.
NEW PRODUCT - Rectangular Bimorph & Bimorphs in the News (1/21/2010)
- APCI Introduces a new rectangular bimorph product! Bimorph applications are explored.
Flow & Level Sensing Options / Power & Sensing Applications (1/7/2010)
- Reviews flow and level sensing products. Provides some recent news focused on power and sensing applications.
Happy Holidays and Joyous New Year from APCI (12/24/2009)
Cylinders with Service and Piezo Applications News (12/10/2009)
- Discusses cylinders and available value added services.
Happy Thanksgiving from the APC International Team (11/26/2009)
- Thanksgiving note and piezo news related to cooking.
Air Transducer Clearance Sale and Transducer Application News (11/12/2009)
- Announcement of a sale on non-ROHS air transducers and a review of transducer applications.
Piezo Impactors/Accelerators and Piezo Music News (10/29/2009)
- Provides an overview of PIA system benefits and links to additional materials on the topic. Piezoelecetric parts in music news are explored.
Ignitor Elements & Piezo Applications (10/15/2009)
- A review of ignitor products and piezo applications in the news.
Bonding & Potting / Piezoelectricty in Biophysical News (10/1/2009)
- Reviews benefits of utilizing value added services and offers piezo news items relating to biophysical applications.
APCI Stack Actuator Considerations, E-verify and MS&T'09 / News (9/17/2009)
- List factors that are important to consider when designing or specifying stack actuators and reviews the upcoming MS&T'09 event.
Powder Categorization and Automation News / New Powder (9/3/2009)
- Discusses the differences between Soft and Hard Ceramics and includes automation news items.
APCI Inspection/Testing, Poll and New Powder / Ultrasonic Applications (8/20/2009)
- A review of the benefits of inspection and testing, ultrasonic applications news and a peer poll.
News Flash NEW US BASED PIEZOELECTRIC POWDER SOURCE (8/10/2009)
- Announcement of an agreement between APCI and Hammond Lead Products to produce electroceramic powder at a US-based location.
APCI Transducers, News and UIA Call for Papers (8/6/2009)
- Review of some popular transducer models and information on the UIA Call for papers for the 39th Annual Symposium on April 12-14, 2010.
APCI Piezo Amplifiers and Piezo News in Motion (7/23/2009)
- Explores Amplifiers available to support piezo related projects and reviews actuator related news items.
APCI Power Generation and Energy Harvesting News (7/9/2009)
- Highlights piezoelectric elements used in energy harvesting and recent energy harvesting news.
APCI Ultrasonic Generators and News / Structural Monitoring (6/25/2009)
- A review of APCI Generators, news items and papers on structural health monitoring.
APCI d33 Meter Price Reduced and Resources/News (6/11/2009)
- An announcement of a price change on APCI's d33 Meter and variety of recommended piezo resources.
Fetal Heart Monitoring / New applications drive growth (5/28/2009)
- A cursory review of typical parts in medical applications and recent news items.
Piezo Rings and Inviting Fascinating Topics (5/14/2009) - Standard 38mm and 50mm rings are reviewed and APCI invites readers to submit fascinating topics for future consideration
Electrifying News Stripe Actuators and Ceramic Element Behavior (4/30/2009)
- Stripe Actuators are reviewed and the behavior of piezoelectric ceramic elements is discussed
Piezo Cylinders and ONR Acoustic Materials and Devices Workshop (4/16/2009)
- Explores cylinders available from APCI and the upcoming ONR conference
Electrifying News State of the Art Plant and Overcoming Soldering Challenges (4/2/2009)
- Reviews soldering challenges with respect to piezo and APCI's State of the Art Plant
Electrifying News Upcoming events (3/20/2009)
- Air transducers and UIA event
Electrifying News Reduce Costs and Gain expertise (3/6/2009)
- Value added services and stack actuators highlighted
Electrifying News Thin materials announcement (2/19/2009)
- APCI announces new thin material capabilities and reviews nebulizer product offerings