APC International offers value-added services, including: lead placement, matched ceramic, bonding, and other assembly processes based on customer specifications that can save your company time, effort, and expense.
APC International is pleased to offer the following value-added services:
- Soldering leads to piezoelectric ceramics
- Testing of piezoelectric ceramics and devices
- Sorting, binning, and pairing of piezoelectric ceramics and devices
- Bonding, potting, and assembling of piezoelectric ceramics and devices
- Assembling of piezoelectric ceramics and devices into subassemblies and components
- Assembling piezoelectric ceramic devices, subassemblies, and components into sensors, transducers, and customer specified designs
- Contract manufacturing of piezoelectric ceramics, devices, transducers and other customer specified designs
We will attach electrical leads to our piezoelectric ceramics and devices on request. Our standard leads are 32AWG, 6” in length, and parallel arranged. Other common leads range from 2” to 6” in length / 26AWG to 32AWG. Other size leads are available upon request. For alternative leads please specify AWG, length and, if appropriate, provide a drawing showing the desired locations.
Our solder is RoHS Compliant. For more information, please read our General Review of Lead Free Solder Options.
We will test ceramic materials and elements according to your needs. We can implement processes for:
- Industrial standards
- Military specifications
- Sampling plans
- Customer-defined programs
For fired ceramic elements, we routinely monitor physical dimensions, capacitance, d33 value, and frequency. Dimensional and electrical tolerances for our piezoelectric ceramic parts are listed on the tolerances page. We can tighten dimensional tolerances and test for other electrical parameters on request.
APC International is willing to review customer applications and requirements and advise how we can be of assistance. Please contact an APCI representative for details on any of our services and to ask how APCI can make your piezo project easier.